The Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) has been established under Food Safety and Standards , 2006 which consolidates various acts & orders that have hitherto handled food related issues in various Ministries and Departments. FSSAI has been created for laying down science based standards for articles of food and to regulate their manufacture, storage, distribution, sale and import to ensure availability of safe and wholesome food for human consumption
FSSAI has been mandated by the FSS Act, 2006 for performing the following functions:
- Framing of Regulations to lay down the Standards and guidelines in relation to articles of food and specifying appropriate system of enforcing various standards thus notified.
- Laying down mechanisms and guidelines for accreditation of certification bodies engaged in certification of food safety management system for food businesses.
- Laying down procedure and guidelines for accreditation of laboratories and notification of the accredited laboratories.
- To provide scientific advice and technical support to Central Government and State Governments in the matters of framing the policy and rules in areas which have a direct or indirect bearing of food safety and nutrition.
- Collect and collate data regarding food consumption, incidence and prevalence of biological risk, contaminants in food, residues of various, contaminants in foods products, identification of emerging risks and introduction of rapid alert system.
- Creating an information network across the country so that the public, consumers, Panchayats etc receive rapid, reliable and objective information about food safety and issues of concern.
- Provide training programmes for persons who are involved or intend to get involved in food businesses.
- Contribute to the development of international technical standards for food, sanitary and phyto-sanitary standards.
- Promote general awareness about food safety and food standards
Obtaining FSSAI Food License provide various benefits like it generates goodwill, ensure food safety, helps in business expansion, avoid legal issues, etc.
Documents Required for FSSAI Registration
FSSAI registration is mostly applicable for petty food retailers, and the procedure for obtaining FSSAi registration is very simple. The documents required for FSSAI registration are:
- Photo of Food Business Operator.
- Document for Identity Proof like Ration Card, Voter ID Card, PAN Card, Driving License, Passport, Aadhar Card, Senior Citizen Card, Department Issued ID.
- Supporting Documents (if any):- NOC by Municipality or Panchayat, Health NOC.
The Importer -Exporter Code (IEC) is a key business identification number which is mandatory for Exports or Imports. No person shall make any import or export except under an IEC Number granted by the DGFT.
Documents Required for IEC Code:
- PAN Card
- Aadhar Card
- Copy of Cancelled Cheque
- Electricity Bill
- Certificate of Incorporation
- Proof of office address
An enterprise shall be classified as a micro, small or medium enterprise on the basis of the following criteria, namely:
- a micro enterprise, where the investment in plant and machinery or equipment does not exceed one crore rupees and turnover does not exceed five crore rupees;
- a small enterprise, where the investment in plant and machinery or equipment does not exceed ten crore rupees and turnover does not exceed fifty crore rupees; and
- a medium enterprise, where the investment in plant and machinery or equipment does not exceed fifty crore rupees and turnover does not exceed two hundred and fifty crore rupees.
Benefits of MSME Registration
- Bank Loans- Indian Government has made collateral free credit available to all MSME business sectors
- Industrial Promotion Subsidy Eligibility:Businesses that have been registered as MSMEs are eligible for subsidies for Industrial Promotion as provided by the Government.
- Less Electricity Bill- Entities having MSME registration receive concessions on electricity bill thereby helps in increasing production with less cost
- Reimbursement of ISO Certification Charges- Any entity registered under MSME can claim reimbursement of ISO Certification charges.
Employees Provident Fund scheme IS for the Indian Employees that is governed by the Provident Funds and Miscellaneous Provisions Act,1952. The Employee Provident Fund is regulated under Employees Provident Fund Organization popularly known as EPFO.
All establishments that have employed 20 or more than 20 employees can apply for PF registration in India.
Eligibility for PF Registration
PF registration is compulsory for entities having 20 or more than 20 people and employees drawing salary less than Rs. 15000 monthly need to register under PF
Documents Required for PF registration
- PAN Card
- Address Proof
- Aadhar Card
- Cancelled Cheque
- Rent Agreement(if establishment is rented)
- Digital Signature
The employee state insurance (ESI) is regulated by the Employee State Insurance Corporation which is an autonomous body under the Ministry of Labour and Employment, Government of India. The ESI scheme provides monetary, medical, and other benefits from the employer to the employee.
Any establishment that has employed over 10 employees with a minimum salary of Rs. 21,000 has to mandatorily register itself with the ESIC.
Who is Required to Obtain ESI registration
If an establishment has more than 10 workers. In some regions, ESI registration is possible for establishments only if there are more than 20 employees. Following are some other criteria that need to be satisfied for obtaining ESI registration.
- An employee whose gross salary is up to Rs. 21,000 per month has to take ESI
- The establishment is registered with the EPFO.
The total contribution to ESI is 6.5% of the gross salary and it can be further divided as:
- 4.75% by the employer
- 1.75% of the employee
- For industrial units where there are chances of occurrence of injury or health issues all the employees with a salary less than Rs.21,000 compulsorily need to get ESI registration
Documents required for obtaining ESI Registration
- PAN Card, Aadhar Card
- Proof of Principal Place of business
- Registration Certificate under any Shops and Establishment Act or Goods and Service Tax Act.
- Memorandum and Articles of Association or the Patnership Deed as per the Constitution of business
Payroll management system help companies to synchronize their employee benefit expenses like salaries, bonuses, deductions, taxes, and other necessary aspects of the net pay of all the employees in your organization which ultimately lead to proper expenses of their salary expense and also helps the employees to know their pay structure properly.
1. Adding of Director
2. REMOVEL OF DIRECTOR Removel of Director
3. Changing of Share Caiptal
4. Changing of Registered Place of Business
5. Directors KYC